Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Surprise Mood Booster!

For some reason the last couple weeks have been BLAH...I don't know how else to describe it. I've been a grumpy, boring, lame mom and an on edge, nagging wife...NO, I'm not pregnant just my award winning personality shining through I guess. Anyhow, on my way to work tonight (the whole 3 hours a month I work) I remembered it was the Carrie Underwood concert which J and I had originally had tickets to but ended up selling them a couple weeks ago. I was feeling so bad for myself (yea, I like to throw a good self pitty party occasionally) that I had actually gone out and purchased her CD yesterday so I could at least listen to her in one form or another. So, as I'm driving to work thsi evening, I can't help but consume myself with visuals of me at the concert and how much I had wished I was going to see Carrie rather than going to work to practice mouth to mouth on a dummy for hours. Three months ago when we had first purchased tickets I had even ran out and bought the perfect shirt to wear to this much anticipated event...now it would just hang in my closet with no where to be worn to :(.

As I pulled into the parking lot at work I receive a phone call from J...now being the snotty wife I've been the last little bit, I questioned whether or not to even answer. WOW was I glad I had chosen to open my little, ghetto, free phone! Upon answering the phone J urgently said, "You've got to get out of working tonight and come home", my heart immediately sunk...that is until he proceeded to tell me that my darling friend Jamie had an extra ticket to the Carrie Underwood concert in one hour and needed a date!

I can't even tell you how excited I was and how my self thrown pitty party came to an abrupt hault! I backed right out, called my boss (it helps when your boss is your mom :)) and sped home to meet my darling date! (Thanks Jamie!!!) The concert was a blast! Carrie is by far one of my favorite singers and she's as beautiful as she is talented. (You can't help but wish you looked like her!) She put on a fun, energetic, wonderful concert and I got to wear my new shirt I had been dying to wear! What a fabulous night!

We actually ended up sittting in front of my good friend Tricia from Bunco and her hubby Brad...it's a small world! (It was so fun to see you guys! Thanks for taking all the pictures, you two are troopers!)

Tricia, Jamie and I...

Thanks again Jamie for making my month...better yet my year :)! You were a great date and are an absolute blast to hang out with! I'm sure J will be thanking you soon as well due to my much improved mood!

What a fun night and a total mood lifter! The invite couldn't have come at a better time, thanks again Jamie, you rock!

18 comments:

Christiansen's said...

How fun, Jamie is such a sweetheart. I am so glad you had a good time but you should have had a straight on picture of you and your new shirt :) You guys look like sexy mama's!

jonna said...

hey, every mom/wife/housekeeper/cook/working mom/friend(do I need to keep going)....deserves to be down in the dumps...and have a pity party. We always snap out of them fast because we have to.

glad you had a mood lifter!

Momma Fish said...

I am jealous. I wanted to go that concert so bad.

Jen said...

I loved it too. She is amazing. I wanted to go onstage and grab her butt :) I LOVE her. I'm glad you ended up going, and yes, I did have fun with my date. Thanks.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

So glad you got to go. We kind of went through the same situation of having tickets.. not having tickets.. having tickets.. but we couldn't find a sitter and I was so sad:( p.s. cute shirt!

Me in a nut shell said...

I have never ever, wouldn't dream of throwing a self pitty party! Can't believe you ;) Actually, I usually go shopping and go into debt at those moments... egh :(

I think we moms get to that point sometimes and we just need something to shake us up and out of it! That is where I rely on my hubby, and hope he comes through before the credit card comes out :) j/k he he

I am so excited you got to go, and did you see she won Women Vocalist of the year! She also looked beautiful at the CMT awards...

Truly and Shane said...

My favorite part about reading this...besides the fact that you got your dream come true that night is how awesome you are! Writing about your mood and your ghetto free phone and feeling like you might not want to answer it. We all are like that! And I love that you wrote about it! Go Carrie Underwood, I swear you're as skinny as her!

Bellblogging said...

Love Carrie Underwood! Glad you got to go, I actually think you are way cuter than her!! Glad to hear other people are human too!!

Mike and Timette said...

YEAH for you!! See things always end up good. I promise.

Windy said...

Oh HOW fun!! You looks so darn cute always..Jamie does too. So darm pretty you girls!! I am glad you had fun. I love Carrie Underwood. You deserve a good break Erin. You amaze me with how much you handle and take on. Erin!

Villarreal's said...

Yep, I am a big fan of the lady too! Happy to hear things worked out for ya!
-Trisha

The Crazy Clawson's said...

what a good hubby. and im so glad you got to go...Also i wanted to tell you i have been thinking of you, everything that happened with your grandpa....I hope all is well....

Tricia said...

That was such a good concert. I actually think that Carrie Underwood is your celebrity look-alike (not Heidi Montag). You are very photogenic in your cute shirt. Brad makes a pretty good photographer. I wish you wouldn't have posted that ugly pic of me, but I guess that is the breaks. It was so fun to see you other than the 2nd Thursday of the month!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That sounds like lots of fun! She would be way fun to see in concert. I am glad you were able to go afterall. P.S. Jamie is such a cute girl, I went to Bingham with her. Hope to see ya soon!

amy said...

I wanted to go to this concert so bad! I can't think of anything that would change my mood more than a fun concert with a great friend. Glad you were able to go and had a great time!

Blackner Family said...

So fun!! I love her too! I am a county girl...we are big Taylor Swift fans at our house along with many other county folk!!

Becca said...

Lucky lucky!!!!

Jaime said...

Yea, my computer is workng so I got to view your darling blog. You are so beautiful and your kids could not be any cuter! I'm so excited to be able to keep in touch easier.

Oh, I love Carrie Underwood. I'm so jealous that you got to go to her concert! How fun!