Yea! Today was such perfect weather! Landon had his very first T-ball practice today and he absolutely loved it! He is playing with a few other boys from his Sunbeam class and he is just thrilled! He wore his new "T-ball pants", no they aren't the real thing, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy him tight little white pants, so he wore his new wind pants and yellow "T-ball shirt", nope...not the real thing, much cuter!
Landon, Binnie and I spent the day together outside...pulling weeds, stirring the dirt and bark for our flower patches and eating popsicles! It was so much fun, Landon was in heaven after 3 popsicles, no shoes, and digging in the dirt. It was Binnie's first taste of summer literally...she loves the bark, to eat that is. She's terrified of the grass so she spent her time in the bark. She was so content chewing on bark that she sat there for 3 hours totally content...without sunscreen.
Yes, I am the failure of a mother who totally spaced putting sunscreen on my children...they are absolutely fried! (I really hope my mom isn't reading this, she'd kill me) Binnie has no hair to protect her little head and so her noggin is totally rosey. Landon keeps telling her how burnt she is and how bad it must hurt. I just hope he doesn't look in the mirror! He'd freek if he saw how red he is! I am trying to talk Jay into staying home from church with Binnie, so we'll see how that goes, but I don't think he's going for it.
Anyhow, as we're out in the yard, Landon hears a motorcycle and his little burnt ears begin to perk..."here comes the yellow power ranger mom!" I look up to see a man decked out in a yellow jacket, yellow pants and yellow helmet on a yellow crotch rocket. Landon was speechless! He stood there in awe grinning from ear to ear as he came face to face with his hero...the yellow power ranger! (It was our next door neighbor Kayla's man coming to pick her up for a date, but I with held that info. as not to spoil his excitement) the moment was priceless!
Last laugh...Landon is such a good helper and is so protective of Binnie, so when he turned around to see her with a mouth full of bark, he hustled over to her, picked her up (underneath the arms as we have practiced), and CHUCKED her onto the grass and I mean CHUCKED! She flew through the air and face planted into her hell...the grass!
She wigged out and Landon stood there like the little hero he was. He stood there, proud of his strength and quickness, not even questioning his actions. And, well, I was laughing too hard to even begin to speak let alone explain out how wrong and not ok it is to chuck your little sister. Sometimes it's best to just bury your head and act like you didn't see a thing!
Of course all of this happened on my watch while Jay was on his bike ride. So, I am all to blame, but what an eventful, fun day it was for the kids and I.
These are the days we stick to our motto: WHAT DADDY DOESN'T KNOW...CAN'T GET MOMMY IN TROUBLE!!!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Sun and Fun...or shoud I say Trouble!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



19 comments:
Too cute!! Landon is such a good big brother I love it!!!
I can picture too well what it must have been like having Landon chuck his sister out of the bark. Ben resorts to dragging Seth by the feet if Seth gets too close to the rooms he isn't supposed to be in. I do hope we see each other at a game sometime - that would be so fun!
I loved how nice the weather was too! I wish I was able to spend more time out enjoying it. I was laughing out loud at Landon seeing his hero and then being a hero. You have cute kids. We need to get together sometime.
ROFL (rolling on floor laughing) Holy cow that is hilarious, tears are coming, can't wait to hear when Landon "looks in the mirror". I figure if Binnie is okay after being chucked, laugh, I would've peed myself. :)
What a funny post. It sounds like such a fun day. That makes me want to go work out in my yard (it wont happen). I love how protective he is and the whole chucking her made me laugh so hard. What a cute family.
So cute!! What a good big brother Landon is!!
How sad am I that Griff can't be there playing T-ball with them all!! They don't have anything like that here, they would have had so much fun together!!
Your blog is great!! I will have to work on my backgrounds. You are too cute. You are a great mother, don't worry about a little Sunburn!!
oh my gosh erin, this post had me laughing out loud!
first off, the day in the garden was exactly my day on friday- exactly! everything from pulling weeds, eating 3 Popsicles and getting my kids fried!
secondly, the power ranger story is hilarious! i cant stop smiling! ethan was the same way about power rangers! how cute!
and i too live by your motto- i try to keep things from rob so i dont get in trouble- problem is that i have a little tattle tale that seems to know what information will get me busted if told to his daddy! ethan is a punk!
oh that last story is cracking me up right now!i can so picture it!Did he ask for a trophy when he was done!!!!
could your family be any cuter?! It was fun to sit and chat with you on Sunday and we hope to see much more of your family in the warm weather!!
I almost did the same thing with Taylor...I finally bought her a hat for next time, if the weather will just stay warm.
funny story. Landon seems like such a character!
That is hilarious! I did notice your kids were a little pink, but don't worry- there was no judgement here. I think you are an awesome mom. Also I like your moto about What Daddy doesn't know... :)
I know how you feel about not wanting to take your fried child to church. I charred Bentley pretty good when he was only 3 months old. There were blisters and everything! It was sad!
how funny....and no you are not a bad mom....you are just like all the rest of us
glad I found your blog!!! That is hilarious - all the stories. We should really get together.
Are you able to view my blog? I wanted to make sure I sent it to the right email address. Let me know! I guess if you can't view mine leave a comment on here and I will make sure you can :)
No, Amy, I can't get into your bog! Thanks a lot :)! Add me!!!
That is hilarious! I can't wait to see your little munchkins again - when we know the next time we'll both be in Utah, we'll get something planned!
Post a Comment