Thanks to my wonderful hubby, who works his little toosh off (well, not really but he likes to think so), we were able to spend a week in Cancun on his company! I used to dream of going to Cancun on Spring Break in highschool/college and of course I never had the parental units permission, so my dream of a Cancun Spring Break never came to pass. Until now! Ironically enough, the week we were in Cancun was Spring Break with the whole MTV set up, night life and all! I now understand why my parents forbade Cancun during Spring Break! Luckily enough our hotel didn't allow spring breakers so we were sheltered from the chaos and crazy scene of spring break. Ok, Ok, I'm lying. I was dying to see it all, and "fulfill" my long awaited dream, but with Jay as my traveling companion that was never going to happen. After he had convinced me how incredibly immature I was for entertaining the thought of an "MTV Spring Break" as a mother, I grew up, put on my MATURE face and had an incredibly relaxing, adult, MATURE vacation filled with laying out, walks on the beach(cute eh?)at least he fulfilled that dream, non stop eating, snorkeling, hot tubbing, sea shell collecting, boating and shopping! I couldn't have asked for a better vacation with a better companion!
You rock baby! I love you! And I'll love you even more if you take me again next year :)!!!
Here are a few of the pics from our "MATURE, adult vacation"...
Here we are outside our hotel on the beach...the water in Cancun is by far the most beautiful water I have ever seen!
We took a boat ride to this little island to snorkel and as usual I was terrified. Without fail, every time I get in the water to snorkel I hyperventilate. Literally I can't breathe, if only you could hear the colorful words coming out of my mouth as I emerse myself into the depths of hell, but luckily you can't make out the words with the snorkel shoved in my mouth. I never let go of Jay. He always tries to swim away but my grip is more powerful than his swim. It was incredible snorkeling with sting rays, star fish, baracudas, blow fish, and hundreds of fish to the point you couldn't kick with out touching one of the little freeks! It scared the pee out of me, for real...I'm a firm believer that fish are attracted to urine...so I was constantly checking my back in fear they would start nibbling!
For those of you who have been to Cancun, you know this is one place that really looks like it's post cards! I've always associated Cancun with MTV and Spring Break, but it's so much more than what MTV makes it out to be, the water is unreal! (By the way, I was never allowed to watch MTV growing up so maybe that's why I have such a fascination with it!) Here's the view from our hotel...it was awesome so we rarely left the hotel grounds!
Here's Jay, being the manly man he is, he caught this little shark (or at least he like to think so). He was pretty stoked and I was one proud wife!
This is when I wished Landon had been with us...he would have been in heaven with little SQUIRT! (Thanks Mom, Dad and Em for taking such good care of our munchkins!)
Here are our travel buddies...they were a blast!(The owner of Jay's company whose name is also Jay and his super cute wife Kristine, Jay and I, Kelly (another gal from his company) and her husband Daren all traveled together.) We all had such a good time together!
Thank you honey for being the hard worker and incredible man you are! XOXOXOXO!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
A "MATURE" VACA!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



21 comments:
SOOO jealous! I need warmth! Glad you guys had fun...nice break from the real adult life we all have! I am sure you were excited to get back to the little ones! Been to cancun with the fam! loved it...
Erin to cute!! I am with you I would have to do the spring break thing mabey thats why we love our "shows" so much!! Hee he but A nice adult vaca sounds fun!!!
How beautiful! I love the pictures, and like you if MTV Spring Break were there Mike would have to keep me on the straight and narrow, because like you that was a dream of mine, for a long time in college.
Timette
It looks like you guys had so much fun. You look like on stylin lady on the beach. So fun!
ahh Erin I have to laugh everytime I read your blog, you definitely were plucked from the same apple tree as I was ie the whole hyperventilating in the water, totally me.
Beautiful pictures I never KNEW cancun is so beautiful.
We should plan a trip next spring or fall when I am done nursing Ellie and go without kids.
What an incredible vacation!!!! I love that inner college girl trying to get out and hit up the MTV set!!! you know you had to try!!! You are too funny but all the mature things sound incredible!
I always love reading your blog! You're such a funny girl. I too freak out in the water. I would rather just lay out and have someone bring me drinks. I am glad you posted pictures of your fun trip(even if you didn't get to act out on your highschool MTV days).
That looks like so much fun. It make me want to go - we'll have to add Cancun to the list. Erin - you crack me up! Spence said he would have gone with you to the MTV spring break! LOL.
I am so jealous!! It looks like you had such a great time. I would be freakin out too swimming with all those slimmy fish.... while snorkling. Hope you are having a great day!!
Wow, that looks like so much fun! Miss you too! XOXO
How much fun. What a good way to get over the winter time blues. The more I read your blog, the more I realize how much we are a like. The ocean freaks me out.
Looks so gorgeous and so much fun!! I would have loved to be watching MTV spring break and seen you!! Wouldn't that be hilarious!! Traveling is the best!!
wow! Super jealous of that trip! Looks so pretty! I want the beach!
So jealous... but so glad you guys had fun! I would have paid money to see you snorkel... so funny!
Cancun is a blast. We went there for our honeymoon and I too could not believe the water! You know that boat ride you took...well let's just say I lost my lunch on that thing. So glad you guys got away from the kiddos and had such a great time!
Looks like a blast! You are so stinkin' gorgeous! I am glad you guys had a great trip...and hello shark! That is a crazy picture!
I'm officially planning a trip there! It looks amazing! Hopefully I will post pictures like that on my blog someday. Thank you for all your help on Sunday, sorry my Landon was such a pill :)
Finally I get a peek at ur blog! Seriously, I haven't checked out anyone's lately. Have my nose stuck in a book! U look adorable though! plus u have such a cute family. Bones for Landon and a BIG kiss for Binnie!
I am so jealous. I haven't been on a real vacation for so long - let alone a vacation without kids!! The water looks amazing!!
We will have to have a girls trip and live up our high school dreams! What happens in Cancun...
I thought I already posted a comment on here, but I guess not. (I must have got side-tracked :0)) It looks like you guys had a great time!!! The pictures really do look like they should be on a postcard. You and Jay look so cute! We need to hang out soon!
Post a Comment