This past weekend J and I spent the weekend in St. George...biking (J), sewing (me), eating, laying out, swimming, napping and totally kid less! It was such a fun mini vacation! I can't think of anything better than just laying out and eating all weekend and J is totally content riding his bike in 100+ heat (whatever floats your boat hun)so it was an ideal weekend for the both of us. We stayed with my awesome aunt, uncle and cousins which made the trip all the more wonderful!
My cousins Tara and Jason and my Aunt Pam and Uncle Steve...J rides with Tara and Steve while Jason, Pam and I lay out and swim...perfect set up if you ask me! 

All of J's biking and training (yes, even his late night laps around the neighborhood for hours) paid off this weekend when he won a GOLD medal as well as a SILVER medal in the Summer Games in Cedar City! I have no idea what on earth drives him to peddle his little heart out in 105 degree weather, totally clothed, but he rocked! He competed in 3 races and took a medal in 2...pretty impressive babe!
Doesn't he look hot in spandex?!?

Good Job Baby!
J has had his fair share of bike wrecks so I'm happy to say...all my nagging paid off when he came home safe and sound without a scratch. However, there were a couple wrecks, one which was too nasty I didn't have the heart to take a picture of his torn off face, but the other not so bad. His wife wouldn't even look at him after his wreck knowing how much money they'd be forking over to replace his bike...they get mighty spendy when they're worth as much as a car. I had to laugh...I'd be reaming J out, poor guy! Here's a little road rash all for a chance at a medal... 
Our cute pedicures...thanks Pammy!
Sewing away until the wee hours of the night!
J views himself as "cultured" so I thought I'd surprise him one night and get tickets to Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Theatre. Needless to say it was such a blast! It was so serene (not sure what that means, but hey, sounded good:)) being outside in the mountains, listening to crickets chirp, with a warm breeze watching an incredible play. This was one time where J's "culture" and "matureness" finally paid off!
We hit up a yummy Mexican joint prior to the play..MmMmmmm...
At the Tuacahn for our "cultural" experience...
I came home thinking I wanted to move to St. George (regardless of the fact my hair goes flat and limp in the heat)and J quickly reminded me I would have children in St. George if it became our home, so my dream quickly faded. But I absolutely love sewing till 1AM, sleeping in, laying by the pool reading my hollywood gossip magazines, getting all dolled up at night and going to eat. So not really reality, but a whole lot of fun!
Friday, June 27, 2008
That's my man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 comments:
That is awesome about his two medals, but crappy about the fact of how much his bike costs, I always knew they were pretty expensive, but not that expensive. Sorry about not doing your bangs, I was being an airhead and should totally of just come to your house monday afternoon after you called to cut them.
WOW congrats Jay that is awesome!! Way to go!! Hey Erin I will move to Saint George with ya!! Haha. I am all about warm hot weather..laying by the pool oh yeah.
nice a little get away. Good job Jason! Sorry about the crashes...just had a flashback.:(
So what do you sew? I too am addicted. We are so domestic.
Don't you love those pics of jason...they all went through a bleach blonde faze..I have more if you want to see!:)
he amazes me too!! Ever sence I saw those pics I dont think I want to get on a bike!! Great JOb!! I am so glad you had a nice trip You deserve it for ALL you do!!!
What a fun little get away for you two! Congrats to Jason! I am glad you had a great time. You are a hot momma in those pics Erin!
Tell J congrats for me again. That really is impressive. As far as staying up late, eating, laying out, and sleeping in... that's what I need. That reminds me of Mexico. Let's rewind the clock and go again. I'm glad you got a little break.
It's so fun to get away!! And very impressive husband! If his biking meant a weekend getaway every now and then I would encourage that sport a %100!!
Your St. George trip sounds amazing! I'm glad you had fun! I can't wait for our "Getaway"! We've never had one since children! We should go one of these days-like in 10 years or so, when we can afford another real vacation!
I love, love, love St. George. When I have enough money, I will buy a second home down there. J is right about living there. You have kids and jobs and callings so the majic would be gone. I love that it is close enough to get down there for a weekend, but far enough away to call it a vacation.
way to go j! i admire those who are so passionate about their "hobbies". the road rash...that looks tender! poor guy! i too love st george..i miss it. did you know i lived there for 1 1/2 years? loved it!!!
Way to go J! Looks like you had a great time. You guys hit Tuacahn at the right time of year-we went last Aug. when it was way too hot and I was 8 mo pregnant-great play-but absolutely miserable!
All I gotta say is...Jay, you're the man.
Congrats J!! That is awesome!! I can't even step outside in that kind of heat, let alone take home a gold medal!! How fun to have a little vaca without the kiddos!! I'm jealous!!
I am jealous - sounds like a great weekend, I would love to see that play there! Super fun, and BTW your hair looks really cute!
sounds like a nice get a way. YOur hair looks cute, J's burn looks wicked and mexican food sounds YUMMY. We'll be out on the 18-20 of July and then the 30-aug something. So lets go for lunch or dinner or something.
How fun! i love st george! were there only 2 people in the race? how did he get 2 medals? lol! or was it the summer games for special needs? :) j/k- jason is awesome!
WOW that is awesome J! Sounds like such a fun weekend.
that's awesome!!! I had no ides he biked!!!Way to go!!! What a great weekend!!!
Post a Comment