
I love Father's Day...besides the fact that I get to change all the poopy diapers, get up early with the kids and take care of them all by myself all day...it's the perfect day to really think about what a wonderful, loving hubby and dad I have. I feel so lucky that my children have been blessed with such an incredible, loving, fun dad. J is absolutely the most wonderful dad and is by far their best buddy. Landon just lights up when he walks in from work and Binnie bounces up and down grinning from ear to ear when da-da comes home! He is a wonderful example to me and the munchkins and I feel so lucky to have you honey! Thank you for the many late nights you pull cause I can't manage to open my eyes in the middle of the night, for getting them both ready and to church all on your own each Sunday so I can go early, for making them dinner far more than I ever do, teaching them, holding them and mostly for loving them! I love you babe!
Now to my dad...yesterday I had the opportunity to speak in church at my parents ward about my dad and the values he has instilled in me that have guided me throughout my life. Each year the bishopric in his ward asks children who are grown and have moved away to come back and speak for Father's Day. It's a total surprise so the dads don't know if their child is speaking until they see them sitting on the stand, it's actually really neat. I was of course terrified since I don't have a way with words and my dad has written every talk I've ever given, so I was on my own to somehow give my dad all the honor and credit he deserves. As I reflected on all my dad has done for me throughout my life and the strength and confidence he's given me, I was brought to tears time and time again. My dad has been such an example to me in so many ways...I love him so much and I think the absolute world of him!
Thank you dad for being a wonderful grandpa and an amazing dad!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Here's to amazing dads...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
So sweet I cant wait to hear how it went on Sunday!!! J is a great dad you guys are a darling OLD marry couple who sits on there porch and eat there dinner!! SO SWEET!!!
That is so great that your dad's ward does that!! And I love that your dad has written all you talks, my dad writes all mine too!! Thanks for thinking of me this week!!
j sounds a lot like stanton- he has to pick up the pieces of crap i dont want to do :) as far as speaking in your parents ward..freak-ay! i would struggle but its sounds like you did a great job. i woulda loved to see your pop's face when he saw you on the stand. is it the same ward you grew up in?
I love that your dads ward does that! i want to suggest they do that here!
and i love your dad too! he is hilarious and kind and has been through a lot as a dad- raising you and all! :)
nice! you have some good men in your life. So jason never looks at the blogs? funny, eric will cruise around to the people we know...it is fun to see what everyone is doing. Sorry about the accident...everything ok?
That is a sweet post. That we be so hard to give a talk like that, I would be sobbing!
Sweet tributes to your dad and J! ok how cool that you spoke at your dad's ward and he had no idea, that is so sweet, and I am sure he loved it! So - I think we are planning on the reunion. spence requested that his last day of his internship be the 20th so we could drive back to AZ through SLC to go to the reunion. What about you guys - are you up for it? (You better be since Spence wants to go so bad and I don't want to go unless you guys and sutterfield's go!)
Erin I love reading what you write. So Cute Jay is a good little daddy!
yeah for Fathers!!!!! how fun to go speak in another ward!!!YEAH right!!!!
I couldn't have given a talk about my dad on fathers day, in front of him, wouldn't have made it through it.
Sweet little tribute to your hubby and dad. I love that your parent's ward brings back the older kids to speak. I love that idea!
Yay for dads! What a great day to celebrate them. :)
So glad your back! And sorry again about your flowers, I should have noticed with how much I spy on your house! :) I can't wait for tomorrow, I'll do drinks, how does fresh squeezed iced strawberry lemonade sound? MmMmmmmmm....
Your post made me cry. I can't do these emotional sides to life. Thanks for your example and thanks to Jason for being so good to Dalton.
You're such a sweetheart!! I went in last Friday for the artificial insemenation and now we are just waiting. The doctor said wait 2 weeks to take a pregnancy test!! We are dying to know, although when we went in they told us the stats of the procedure are only a 10% chance the first time! It usually takes 6 times!!! AAHHH!! I guess we'll just wait and take each month as it comes!! Thanks for thinking of me!! It really means a lot!!
Post a Comment