The 4th of July is absolutely, hands down, my favorite holiday! There's nothing like a week full of rodeos, parades, BBQ's, cotton candy, snocones, 4 wheeling, games, late nights, sleeping in, lounging around, yummy food, friends and family! Every year we go to my parents cabin in Oakley for the week of the 4th of July and it's an absolute blast! It is without a doubt my favorite week of the entire year. We have gone with the same wonderful friends for years and every year our group gets a little larger thanks to all the little jammers who are so rapidly gracing us with their presence!
Our awesome friends who make our week so much fun, we love you guys!
Megan, Jay and Brandon...Thanks for the cheeser hun...he was irritated I interrupted the game to take pictures :)!
Heather and I...she's my darling hair gal and she rocks if you need an awesome stylist!
Dusty and Ryan...what is it with guys not wanting to take pictures?!?!
My mom and dad with my sisters Em and Nat and Dave and Shelly.
Thanks Heather for teaching Landon to play Guitar Hero...he took it very seriously, hence the straight face!
Binnie, Cameron and Ava...our little bathing babies! PRECIOUS!!!
Grandma painting Binnie's toes...
The week before the 4th of July Jay, Landon, Binnie and I went and bought cowboy boots for Landon and Kauner, something I vowed I would never do (my child in cowboy boots...uh, NO!). Not to mention it was early on a Sat. morning so my hair and makeup weren't done, in other words I was a mess, Jay hadn't showered and was all hairy, Binnie was in her dirty knee jammies and Landon was in shorts...walking out of the store with his little cowboy boots ON! GHETTO!!!! I have made fun of, put other mothers down and vowed to never let my child wear cowboy boots with shorts...sure enough, here I am eating my words. I can't help but cringe every time I see those boots which become Landon's prized posession! I have to admit, Landon and his cousin Kauner did look pretty darn cute in their little YIT KICKERS and they couldn't have been happier! 
We go to the Oakley rodeo twice during the week, because we just love it! If you haven't been to the Oakley rodeo, I would totally recommend doing so. It has the small town atmosphere and the yummiest food of all the rodeos around! My mom somehow always gets the best seats and the kids love the front row.
1st night of rodeo...
Whitney, Natalie, Me and Em...
The Fam...
2nd night of rodeo...
The Fam...
My incredible parents....thanks mom and dad for an unforgettable weekend! Love you!
My handsome man and his homely wife (thanks Brandon) going to the rodeo! I honestly could go to a rodeo every Friday night and be in heaven...tight pants (oh wait, they're all tight)...cowboy boots...and concession stand food! Oh, and you know there's something about a man in WRANGLERS - gotta love em!
Landon's highlight of the entire week was having his picture taken with these little buckle bunnies...he was so giddy and absolutely speechless!
Next thing to look forward to?!?! KELLIE PICKLER is coming to SLC on the 24th of JULY! Whitney (in the pictures above) is opening for her!!! So exciting, I love them both...Whit has amazing talent, obviously!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Small town...Big fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
oh looks like SO much fun! Maybe one year we'll make it on the list to go up with you guys!
FUN!!! I love the 4th of July. It is for sure my favorite holiday.
Oh Erin it looks like you had so much fun. You are so beautful and so are all your friends and family! I ABSOLUTLEY love the picture of Landon in his Yit kickers!! LOVE IT!! So cute. Your blog always brings a smile to my face!
I think I like the small town festivities the best! We did the Oakley Rodeo a long time ago! Eric has always wanted a pair of cowboy boots!!! Your little family looks great...
We saw Luth and Sacha on the 4th and we talked about getting together for BBQ. I will email you all and lets make it happen.
you are totally gorgeous; always photogenic! when i get back to slc, i would love to meet and do lunch! the 4th is one of my fav holidays too, next to halloween:) glad you had a blast!
SO Cute I agree theres nothing like the fourth k next year you coming to the Lehi rodeo SO MUCH FUN!!
It looks like you had a blast!! I have heard of so many people going to the Oakley rodeo, I guess I know where the IT place for the 4th is!! Molly was a little jealous of Landon with those two HOT mamas!! Miss you!!
I too have heard great things about the Oakly rodeo - sounds like so much fun, I can't get over how big landon looks in all of those! He is so cute I love the boots! Griff won't put a pair on to save his life! I wish we could be there playing with you guys!
Erin that looks like so much fun! I love the Oakley Rodeo, and you guys all look so cute in all of the pictures. I don't know what you are talking about - I LOVE cowboy boots on little boys!!! ;) In fact, Lance will get his first cowboy hat tomorrow!
Ok - so I talked to Spence and we decided we do not want to go to the little get together on Friday night, but we are definitely in for Saturday night. Can we buy the tickets, if so we will go ahead and buy them so we are 100% in!
PS- your hair looks so pretty!
You are definitely not homely! You are the most put together girl I know(and that is a compliment). You are going to Kellie Pickler? I want to go!!
So glad you had fun and yeah... you are definatley not homely!! I can't believe you said that. You are one of the most gorgeous put together women I know! You look great in every picture! I agree with the whole cowboy boot thing. I shudder at the thought... but Landon does look very happy in them and I'm sure Boston will want some one day as well... yikes! Like Whit said you have to check out the Lehi Rodeo some time. It's a classic as well!
Heck ya, we are in next year...call us!! Looks like a blast! Love the BOOTS! Landon, I think those girls are pretty cute Jada might get a little upset to see you so close to them!!
I love the cowboy boots, and yea, you are one homely woman. NOT. You have a great family. I just love your parents.
next year i wanna go!
What a cute family you have!! Erin you are truely beautiful inside and out!
love bath time with baby girls licking the little p-ssy nice n clean taste of pee her legs kicking like mad loving what I am doing
Post a Comment