Friday, July 18, 2008

GOODBYE :( ...

Last night a couple gals and I from the neighborhood dined at the MELTING POT down town to say goodbye to Audrey, our awesome friend and neighbor who is moving on us next weekend! Audrey is one of those women you look up to and hope one day to be half as kind and strong as she is. Audrey is an absolutely incredible mother and the kindest, most down to earth friend any one could wish for. She is such a joy to be around and I think any one who knows her would agree what a life saver she has been to so many of us in the neighborhood on a day to day basis...we love you Audrey and wish you all the luck in the world as you begin your new adventure!

The gals...Audrey, Mandi, Adriane, Me, Whitney and Jen...thank you gals, I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard! Hopefully we (ok...I) didn't offend anyone and the details of the night don't get back to Jay...he would so diapprove:)!



The MELTING POT rocked! It was such a fun and unique experience...tons and tons of yummy, yummy food! The appetizers, main courses and desserts are all done fondue style...it was so fun to spend hours dipping and laughing!





I have to say...we are so lucky to live in a neighborhood with such close friends who would do absolutely anything and everything for eachother. It can be hectic with all the kids in our culdesac (32), but I wouldn't change it for the world! How lucky I am to have some of my best friends just footsteps away! (We missed all of you who couldn't make it.)



Thank you for being such a great friend and an amazing example Audrey, we will so miss you! Good luck hun...don't forget us!

17 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

i wanna live in your hood. i grew up in a hood like that where there were a bazillion kids and the moms all were friends. i am glad there are still places like that. as for when do i get back so we can do lunch? ill be back aug 11th. we will have to plan to do somethin then!

jonna said...

Cul-de-sacs are the way to go! We love the melting pot! I favorite place. We try to go every year for our anniversary! Yum!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

32 kids in the cul-de-sac, what! You've mentioned your good friends in your neighborhood a few times in your blog. I have told Speen a few times - if we ever move back to Utah, and I want to live by Jason and Erin - and all the young, fun couples! It is neat that you are surrounded by such a fun support system in your neighborhood. It looked like a fun night out. I love your cute curls. How did you get it to look so cute, I am so boring with my hair!

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

I am sad I missed it. It seems like you guys had an great time. I love our little nieghborhood. We will miss Audrey

Windy said...

I too am so sad I missed it. Audrey, I just love you so much too. You are an amazing friend and mommy. We will all have to come visit you in Logan. I am soooo sorry I missed the dinner. You all look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It bites so bad I couldn't come play! If I had been there maybe I would have been the one to offend people, he he. We should have been born sisters.

Jen said...

That was definitely a night I will never forget. I love you, woman. I would never want to share "that one moment" with anyone else but you! :) It was your fault by the way. It was fun, everyone that made it, and I was sad for everyone else that could not make it. Thanks for the memories. We will miss you, Audrey. Thanks, Erin for all that you do for me. One day I will be able to repay you. Just know that I love you. I smell cheese. Do you smell cheese?

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I am so sad I missed it too and I can not express how grateful I am to live in the "hood" Moving to Herriman on Wildcat was the best decision we ever made. Love the kids and the parents too. I always wanted to live in a place like we do now. But Audrey... it just won't be the same without you. Erin do you think you could have a serious talk with her about reconsidering the whole moving thing?

Momma Fish said...

Sweet! Is her house for sale?? It sounds like you have a fun neighborhood.

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Oh Erin!! I want to go again!! I am sorry if I am a little unapproiate!! I need to grow up a tad!!! HEE HEE!! YOu love me for my immaturity!! and me for yours!! No for real such a Fun night!! I love you to death!! You are so fun!! Audry I will miss your guts!! Who is going to keep us in line!!

Bellblogging said...

Oh I need details of the night! Sounds like a blast, sad to say good-bye to a good friend!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

how fun! i love the melting pot! girls nights are awesome! i dont remember the last time i did something like that!

Me in a nut shell said...

Hey Erin... So between you and Marci's pushing and me starting to blog surf... I couldn't resist.. so I started a family blog too.

I didn't know she was moving... it looks like you guys had a fun time!

Hillary

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

You are a super model. I love your hair in these! Sounds like a fun group of gals you hang with.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever not look perfect? Seriously, you always look gorgeous!!! What a great group of friends you have, looks like you had a good time and you were being yourself...always making me laugh! I really am going to try to start up a blog, look for me in the near future!

amy said...

Seriously Erin you always look so pretty! I would not want to be next to you in a picture. It's always nice to get together with friends...not so much when you are saying good bye. We need to go to dinner one night. It has been too long since we have hung out!

audrey said...

What can I say to that? You are such a good friend! I had so much fun that night! I am going to miss my friends here, so much it will hurt.