This last weekend J and I flew to Santa Barbara for his brother Jeff's wedding. I must say, we did a pretty good job of being "adults"...it was the first time we've ever rented a car by ourselves, drove in an unfamiliar city without getting lost (well, except for the first 20 minutes cause J thought he knew more than mapquest) and had no one but ourselveves to worry about! (Special thanks to my mom and dad, aunt Janny, Ariel and Sandy for juggling our munchkins while we were away) It was a quick little trip packed full of fun, food, shopping, manners and entertainment! I was so excited I forced J to take a picture in the freekin' airport...I know, kind of lame...
First things first...as soon as we landed and arrived at our much anticipated destination I made J pose for a picture in front of Spencer's parents beach house (for all you MTV/HILLS junkies :)) where my inlaws were staying. The beach house was beautiful with an incredible front row view of the ocean...



We even saw dolphins right off shore...J obviously wasn't too quick with the camera...
On to a quaint little beachside cafe we went for some yummy sandwiches with some of J's family. It was the cutest little cafe with a sandbox right in the middle of the eating area for the kids to play in, I could get used to that...I think I'd actually be able to eat in peace if there was a sandbox for my kiddos to play in.
My inlaws Larry and Cheri, J, Me, Mark (J's brother), Vanessa (JW's gal) and JW (another one of J's brothers). 
The girls...Cher, Vanessa and I
Next stop...Peuso Nuevo mall...this mall was the most peaceful, serene mall I have ever been to. I know, I know that sounds totally corny, but it was amazing! It was an outside mall lined with huge, lush, green trees with flower arrangements and exotic plants lining the walk ways. Any shop you could possibly want to look in was there...including Ben and Jerry's!
I love a chocolate fudge, brownie sugar cone...double scoop of course :)!

That evening was the "rehearsal dinner" which I have no idea why it's called that other than you rehearse the same toast you're going to deliver the following night?
Anyhow, it was held at a beautiful home owned by the Busch family in Montecito.
Here J and I are passing through the entrance to their property...doesn't my man look so handsome :)! He was on his best behavior, which I didn't know he had, the enitre night and he looked so sharp!

J and the groom (his brother Jeff)...
2 of the gals we hung out with the majority of the time @ the dinner and wedding, cause everyone else was so much older than us!
Marky, J and I...
I loved the fancy place settings...here's when our manners, or lack thereof, came into play. I have never seen so many silverware thingys or drinking glasses for one place setting in my life.
Let's just say, when the couple putting on the dinner owns Busch (Budweiser/Busch I think it is) there's an unlimited supply of their product on hand. 
The bride and groom...
J's sister Kirstin and her fiance' Alex...
We had such a wonderful time @ the dinner and it was unlike anything we'd ever experienced before! The night was fantastic and the company of J's family is always a blast!
The next morning we ate at the yummy Summerland Cafe where darling little Cami played her DS during breakfast...
Posing for a pic. in between bites :)...
The groom (Jeff) and his mom Cher, just hours before the wedding...
So their big night came and it was beautiful and once again, unlike anything we'd ever seen before (other than on TV...and all this time J's been telling me all my reality shows are fake and made up and it's not "reality", well apparently it is reality for some people honey!)
They were married "lakeside", apparently some individuals have "lakes" in their back yards...if you look closely, behind the trees you can see camera crew. Bravo is taping a new reality series showing the lives of Polo players. Jeff and JW, along with 2 of their other polo playin buddies are the guys who will be cast in the reality series. I'm excited to watch it!
J and I in our "fancy" attire...

The reception following the ceremony was held above the lake on a polo field. Jeff, the groom, is a professional polo player who spends the majority of his time playing in Santa Barbara and Argentina. The owner of the estate and property where the wedding and reception were held is part owner in their polo team, I forget what they're called, but that's how Jeff has become acquainted with these guys (same with Andy Busch, where the dinner was held the previous night). Anyhow, that's the significance of the reception being held on the polo field. And what would a polo player's wedding be without horses?!?!
J and I petting one of the prized horses, it's like stroking a $200,000+ dollar bill. These horses are worth more than many of our homes, it's insane! (We should have stole one:))
Here's just some fun pictures from our eventful, fun evening...
Cami (our neice), the little flower girl, and I on the polo field...
J and Johnny (our nephew) looking smashing in their suits!
So the man who owns the "estate" in the background along with the property of the lake and polo fields is like 70 years+ and his wife is 41 years old...imagine that!
Michelle's colors were chocolate brown and ivory, they look really pretty together...
My sister-in-laws Ashley and Kirstin...they're so sweet...I absolutely love them!

Sitting down to enjoy our goat cheese wrapped in squash and zucchini? I couldn't even identify the items on my plate...the rolls were scrumptious though :)
Kirstin and Cami in their matching wraps...
The newlyweds!!!
My inlaws Larr and Cher...we love you both!
I don't think I've danced on a dance floor since Club Axis was around back in the day...but J and I figured we had nothing to loose, we both already know we're dorks. BUT, I must say you looked pretty fly out there baby! I was mezmerized...not really but you do have some skill on the dance floor hun! I have to admit, dancing did make me feel young again, until my thighs continued to burn well into the next day.
On the dance floor...



Never a dull moment when JW's around (for anyone who knows him, I know you're all laughing right now and wishing you had gone...just had to add it for journaling purposes :)... 
We spent a lot of our night with Alex...he's one of those people you're drawn to because of the way they make you laugh. He's absolutely hilarious! J and I loved him and can't wait till he's in the fam!


A few more pics. for my fellow MTV/HILLS fans...Spencer's mom, Janet, has been best friends with my mother in law Cheri for 25+ years. After meeting and spending time with Janey over the course of 2 days I can see exactly where Spencer gets his sarcasm and witt. She's a blast to be around and so entertaining!
Janet is a character! She is such a loud, upbeat, fun, outgoing woman! I think I like Spencer again...I find him funny now rather than absurd! Here she is...


Spencer's parents Janet and Skip (Skip is very nice and pretty reserved)...
Well, needless to say we had an amazing time and we cherish every moment we get to spend with all the Hall siblings. They may be few and far between, but when we do, there's never a dull moment and our cheeks are always sore from the laughter shared. Thank you for such an incredible weekend and for blessing our lives! Love you guys!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Wedding Weekend Getaway...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



26 comments:
I love you in your "fancy attire" you are so beautiful. I don't know why but some of the background pics remind me of the bachelor..hopefully I spelled that right. How fun! It looks like you had a much deserved getaway. I am jealous!!
So fun!!! Man I still wish I could have gone and been your nanny LOVE IT!!!!
Wow, it looks like a blast! It's so fun to dress up every once in awhile and feel young again!
Hey, just letting you know I changed my blog name:
mymonkeyhaven.blogspot.com
Wow I just feel like I got a great dose of the inside scoop first hand!! Thanks for taking the pics of Spencers parents and thier beach house.
You look gorgeous and the wedding looks like it was amazing!!
Never a dull moment in beautiful CaliFornIA! You look great hun. The wedding looks like it was a smash, hope you and J were on your best behavior.
I LOVED this post! It was so fun to see pics of all the fam. I so wish I could have been there but with Travis only being 4 weeks old it just wasn't possible. So glad you guys had so much fun and got to enjoy a getaway. You deserve it! I hope we can all get together soon! Love you! Kiss Ash for me! I miss her!! Oh, the pic of JW was THE BEST!!!
Dude, that is the coolest house/estate I have ever seen! Holy crap, I want to go to a wedding like that, it looks like a blast! so fun, you two look great as ever!! Maybe your next trip (with kido's of course) should be out here to our Missouri estate :)
O my word. That looks like SO MUCH FUN!! What a pretty wedding.
Wow! Neat experience. It would have been fun to see J on the dance floor.
looks like it was straight out of a movie..beautiful people and places!! i am jealous -hate to admit it- but i do like the hills:)
Holy COW!! It's like you just rolled off the Hill set!! What an amazing experience!! It looks like you had such an amazing time!! You look absolutely beautiful!!
You made me miss california! me and rob need to get away!
You looked freakin' hot in all those pictures!!! And now as if you haven't had enough fun lately you're riding on some fantasy ride at Disney Land!!! So jealous!!! We miss you guys and are waiting for your return. No doubt we'll be on your front porch rocking while we wait!:)
Holy Hannah!! I am so jealous, I will probably never get to do that. It looks like you had a great time!! You looked beautiful!!
That looks like a real fun trip. You guys got some great pictures, and of course you look great in every one of them.
fun times! You guys look great. Look at you 2 new outfits in 2 months...jealous.
P.S-where did you get the brown bag? I am looking for a transition bag(from diaper bag to purse) and I really like that...do share!
What a fun trip. We just went to CA, but with the 2 kids. I totally follow The Hills and love the beach house.
Looks like a fun trip! The wedding was beautiful, you look hot in every picture and I am still not sure if I can like Spencer even if he does have awesome parents. Next time you go will you pack me in your suitcase?
Wow! That looks like a great trip and an amazing wedding. You and Jay are so great and we miss you guys! Can't wait to do dinner soon.
......
I've saw this post a few days ago and was so blown away I couldn't write anything. I didn't even know where to start. I'm so sad and or mad that we didn't come. Looking back Shane and I were like hello this was the perfect opportunity to go...the girls aren't here yet!! I was just tooo scared to get on a plane and risk anything. It seem slike random things happen to my body at random times and if it were to happen there it'd be too scary. Ahhh anyhow I lived it up through this post! I love alllll the pictures of the weekend! Love your purse in the ice cream pic, love Ash and Kirsten's red dresses, love the estate grounds and the bridge, LOVE Michelle's wedding dress, loved all your outfits (especially the bright blue shirt with your eyes) and what you wore to the reception was perfect- you and J should blow one of those pics up and hang it on your wall. It's that good! I loved the stable pic with one of the horses that's worth more than my life, and I wish I could have lounged in a beach side chair at that beach house sipping something cool for even 5 minutes! I, too, have never seen so many drinking glasses. I would have hoped to sit near someone who knows what they're doing :) And last but not least I can only imagine the endless entertainment at the reception...thank you budweiser for the unlimited supply and laughs. I'm sure that was hilarious. I can just picture JW right now!!!
I loved growing up with all these cousins!! So glad your a part of the family. You're such a better half addition for all of us! AWESOME post!
What a fun trip. The only part I wasn't sure about was where you say you may be a Spencer fan ;) It's good to know he comes from good parents though.
Erin, I Iove your blog. Just because I don't post any thing on my own blog doesn't mean I don't read every body else's.
Your mother-in-law is bf with Spencer's mom? The most rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, spoiled brat in the world, yuck! His mom does look sweet though!!! That is just too funny.
Wow, what a wedding. It looks like you guys had an absolute blast! And Erin you look gorgeous as always!
ps - it's katie t. - I am having sign in problems!
Wow guys! Way fun. We are jealous! I agree with all the comments posted before mine, you are such a hottie! You take the cutest pictures. I rarely dare to post mine on our blog!
btw, maybe I'm crazy and living in a bubble right now but who exactly is Spencer? :-)
You two both look so dapper in your fancy clothes, what a fancy beautiful wedding! How fun!
Post a Comment