Good lovin', I am so out of the loop! I haven't blogged for almost 2 months now, who does that?!?!? Well, now that I'm back in the swing of things and have my priorities straight (ditching the fam to blog :)) I'll catch ya all up with how we wrapped up our busy but fun summer. Here's what we've been up to...
We had a wonderful week of the 24th of July. We went to the Spanish Fork rodeo for the first time with Jay's fam and had a great time together. Anywhere where there's family, cotton candy, snocones and nachos I'm so there :)!
Family Photo...minus Landon, so I guess it's not considered a real family photo?!
Jay's sisters...Shan and Ash
Landon with his grandma and grandpa...
Binnie lovin' the rodeo!
I love this picture of Binnie...I think she looks darling so I just had to add it :)
We went boating for the day on the 24th of July which is one of mine and Jay's favorite past times...during our dating years (oh so long ago) Jay and I would go to the lake 2-3 times a week in the evenings. We absolutely loved boating...I learned how to wakeboard the summer we met and Jay rocked on the wakeboard. Watching him wakeboard was incredible he was amazing! Still is, just in other areas these days :) His old age has gotten the best of him and he has now become the best tube ridin' daddy around! He's realized that concussions and the inability to walk normal for days following his wakeboarding stunts are overrated and he has retired to the tube. Which Landon doesn't mind a bit...he gets his best buddy on the tube with him all day!
Jay and Landon goin' easy on the tube!
Binnie and Landon all harnessed up and oh so happy...we used to think B was teething all the time, but we've come to the conclusion that maybe her mood swings are just part of her personality!
My two favorite boys!
My favorite part of the entire day (yes, even better than Kellie Pickler) was Binnie cuddling with me :) I have waited for 14 months for Binnie to just simply lay her head on my shoulder and cuddle with me and my day finally came...I was in heaven! I think Jay took over a dozen pictures of her cuddling with me...it was priceless!

Kev and I with all the little jammers!
Boys will be Boys (Kev and J)!
Jay, Uncle Kev and Grandpa Larr...3 of a kind :)
Binnie and Aunt Ash...
The weekend of July 24th we made the unselfish decision, and the wrong one I might add, to take the munchkins to St. George for the weekend for a fun family getaway. Well, Binnie, bless her little heart, decided to set the mood for the trip by gracing us with her blood curtling screetching for 4 freekin' hours straight! Now, I have been blessed with the talent of being able to tune her shreeking out, J on the other hand has been cursed with the patience of a 2 year old. So, between Jay and Binnie fighting with eachother and Landon yelling at the two of them to both be quiet so he can hear his movie, we were off to an incredibly lovely start. Nevertheless, a few cokes and a handful of excedrin later, we eventually arrived in Sunny St. George!
We ended up having a pretty good time with the kiddos and they absolutely loved playing in the rocks and swimming all day!
Here the two little "angels" are chucking rocks at eachother...I figure eh, it's better the two of them pelt eachother with rocks rather than me doing so right?!?! They really could spend hours hurling handfuls of rocks at eachother and get a kick out of it, they absolutely loved torturing eachother!
We swam for 2 days straight...Landon and Binnie were in heaven!
Winding down with a little caramel popcorn and margaritas!(Yes, I know I look hammered...it was a long weekend!)
My two little farmer tanned kids...
On the way home Binnie did her thing...again...the entire way home. However, I must say Jay somehow mustered up some patience over the course of the 2 days and sat in the back between the 2 kids singing Primary songs in Binnie's ear while she wailed and slapped him for a good hour...good effort though hun!
We were fortunate enough to have both our families in town for the summer which kept us busy as well. My brother Matt, his wife Natalie and their darling boys were here visiting from AZ for 3 months which was a blast...Landon and my nephew Kauner absolutely love eachother...when they're well rested that is, if not, the two of them can have some knarly brawls. But, they are the best of friends and we played at the zoo, the cabin and at family parties together all summer!
Landon and Kauner kickin it at the ZOO with uncle Matt!

Landon and Kauner...our little NEMOs...
Binnie and Cameron getting rides from Jackson Grandma...

The boys...Cameron, Kauner and Landon...
Jay's sister was also in town this summer from TX. Kirsten is so much fun to be around and we love when she comes to visit!
Jay's sisters Kirsten, Shan, Ash and I...
Jay's little sis Ash is one of the funniest, sweetest, most loving, high maintenance gals you'll ever meet...Love you Ash!
10 YEAR REUNION!!! No, not mine, I'm still young :). This Summer Jay had his 10 year reunion...I talked him into attending, only because I wanted to buy a new outfit and it worked! I got my new outfit and Jay got to take a trip down memory lane...ah, so sweet! Jay graduated from Park City High School where he was voted "BEST HAIR", if only they had digital cameras back then, I'd download a picture of him and you'd know why :) that's my man! The get together was held at the Deer Valley Resort in PC with a yummy dinner, dancing and plenty of reminiscing with his buddies...
The 4 Wives Club : Me, Katie, Sacha and Jonna

The Boys : Luth, Spence, Eric and Jay
Love you hun! Thanks for a fun night!
That takes us to August and for journaling purposes I'll have to add part 2 here shortly!
Three things I've learned from this post:
1. I need a new bronzer that doesn't make my face shine in every picture
2. Model in a bottle (the spray oprah suggests to keep your makeup on all day) is overrated. My eyebrows are totally gone in like 3 pictures!
3. I paint my kids out to be terrors! They really are my best buddies, they do have their moments, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!
Hope you all had a wonderful summer filled with dirty toes, stinky kids, popsicle stained faces, late summer nights, callused feet and filthy bath water at the end of a fun summer day!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
July in a Nutshell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



28 comments:
That's funny crap! I about pee'd my pants reading that! Cute kids! Miss you guys!
I am so glad you decided to join the blogging world again, I always love reading your posts. You are one talented lady to be able to tune the blood curtling screams out, I need to learn a lesson from you. My body just tenses up as I try to stay calm and resist the urge to pull my hair out :).
What the crap! I thought for sure I would be the first poster since you just put it there! I guess there are other late night nerds besides me (and you) You make everything sound so funny! That just means you need to blog more! :)
P.S. I don't know if it is just me, but I couldn't see any pictures, just blank spaces. Sorry, it's probably my fault for interupting you at such a late hour. Go to bed already!!!!
I looks like you had a fun past two months. You have a way with your words. I wish I had that. Your kids are so cute!!
I am glad you're back. I was starting to worry. You have such a darling family.
very information filled post...it is good to have you back and bloggin! If you want a picture of Jason and the hair I have plenty...it was quite the hair! WE had fun at the reunion...4 wives club...I like that. We should get together soon for a play date!
It is about stinking time that you did a post, sounds like you had such a fun summer. It is so sad, Griff was looking at this with me and he didn't even recognize you guys :( We miss you and glad to hear you are doing well. And you always look good! I am jealous! You don't need makeup in a bottle!
hahaha I wish you could have posted a pictue of "best hair" Jay. I so know exactly why he was chosen- it was some good hair back in the day!
I loved reading this post- could you look any prettier? No, Seriously! Your eyes are amazing in the close up of you and Ashy and I love you in red! And could Cheri look any cuter in her cowboy hat?! Um that would be a no
Okay I thought it was funny last night, now it's even funnier. I'm tellin' ya, I don't know how you do it! I loved your tribute to summer sentence at the very end, yes we had tons of those days and I'm so sad to see them go. Especially because next summer I'll probably be too large to care about any of it. :(
Maria
Yay I love your post. I am excited to see a post again. Erin you are beautiful in every picture..makes me sick. And your kids too..could they be any cuter??I love to read your stories! I am so sad to see summer end.
I kept looking, yet hoping, kept wishing, and the day arrived when you posted! I think I read your blog title In Love 100 times!
Well it looks like you had a very fun summer! I like your objective with the class reunion! That's my kind of girl! And boating, oh don't get me started... was my absolute favorite, but now it seems a thing of the past. Well I'll look for more inspiration posts to come!
yay for the new post.
It was fun seeing you guys for Maggies birthday.
I hear your going to Disneyland?? We should come meet up with you, I think we're a 5 hour drive away. Let me know what days your going. I am planning on visiting my sister in law in the OC soon anyway.
Yea a new post!! Looks like a fun summer! Your blog is darling. You look like a super model in all your pics. It really is the best when your kids just sit and cuddle up to you. You just want to melt huh. Love it. Anyway, darling family.
I cant wait for the new post!!! Way to cute!! YOu do have 2 cute kids!!! Summer has been fun!!! Dang I am sad it is over!
hooray for updates! btw- my fav pic is the one of the "family photo"- b/c theres a lil girl in the background diggin deep- plus you look so gorgeous!
I loved your summer update. I just assumed that life just couldn't get any better after Kelly Pickler. ;-))
I was wondering if you fell of the face of the earth... It's not like you to not blog! :P Your family is so adorable!I miss ya gal! Where did those nights go of us staying up till 1am laughing at each other's stories?! Laughing so hard, we almost peed our pants? ;) I promise they were productive meetings!
It's about time you posted a new blog!! jk! I love that you guys had such a fun summer. And I love your new outfit, its so cute!
Ok.. so I have several points to make. First off, if that's what you look like hammered.. come over to my house any time of the day and you will see what hammered looks like. I've totally just given up and turned into the type of wife who where's Chistmas character shirts in July. Secondly, don't you just love when they decide to cuddle. Boston did the same thing Binnie did. Just started to cuddle at about 15 months and I just melted. And finally way to go on the St. George trip. We are going this weekend and I know Jocey will scream the whole way. She does it whether we are at home or on the road!
ERIN! It's been SO long since I have seen or talked to you! My mom said she talked to you at Jeff's wedding and that you look great! I just saw your blog on Truly's blog today and love seeing the pics of your cute fam! The kids are so freakin cute and you and Jason are so perfect together! I miss you guys! Jon and I want to come to Utah for a visit, hopefully sometime soon. Keep in touch and tell J hi! You look amazing by the way!!! LOVE your hair!
What fun summer and I must say you are the most photogenic person I have ever met. I love your kids and Jay is hilarious. He is so good with Max in nursery! :) Glad you had a fun summer. I'm ready for fall and all the shows that come with it!
It looks like you had such a fun summer. I love the cuddling pictures of you and your munchkin! Your kids are so adorable:)
now that's an update!!!!!
What a fun summer. Your kids are so cute. Lauryn is loving going over to your house. She is telling me that Landen is her friend, she like to play with him. She also likes your Popsicles.
that post kept me so entertained! the drive to st george had me laughing out loud! i am so dreading our drive to CA in a few weeks! gotta love family vacations!
Hey Erin! Looks like you guys had a busy summer, but looks like so much fun! Your kids are so cute and I miss seeing them.
What the crap? How the heck does one have twenty six comments on one post!!!!! Your like the envy of all bloggers! Anyway... Tag your it!!! Check out my blog for details.
Ditto to everyone. You look cute in every picture. You are like the coolest person to have so many comments. That means we all love reading about your cute family. Thanks for the cookies. They were yummy.
Post a Comment