Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And I thought I'd heard it all...

The following conversation took place at 11:15 AM as I stood blow drying my hair wondering how on earth these lines (wrinkles) on my forehead ever got there...

Door flies open and proceeds to further dent the already-there hole in the wall from a little 4 year old who doesn't understand the meaning of SOFTLY...

(Landon) - (Wide eyed, uh-oh look) Mom, Binnie took a sticker out of my sticker book and I didn't want her to...

(Me) - What did you do when she took the sticker out of your book?

(Landon) - I didn't slap her mom...

Sobbing hysterically, with a now rosy little cheek, Binnie enters the room...

(Me) - LANDON!!!

(Landon) - Mom! I promise I didn't slap her...I really didn't!

(Me) - Landon, you tell me the truth right now! Why is Binnie crying and why on earth is your handprint plastered to the side of her cheek?!?!

(Landon) - Mom, I promise I didn't slap her...(actually believing himself) my hand did...it just did it all by itself...I didn't even want it to it just did, it just reached up and slapped her all by itself!

(Me) - (Thinking to myself...what the h#*! kind of excuse is that?!?! I was speechless for a slight moment replaying in my mind what I had just heard as I stood there studying the rather innocent little face before me...Landon honestly whole-heartedly believed he didn't do it and somehow his hand just reached up and pelted his little sister all on it's own!) Are you freeking kidding me Landon? (turning away...trying to yell through the ear to ear grin which I now had...this little kid really believed he didn't do a darn thing!)

To make a long story short...I proceeded to tell him he needed to get control over that little hand of his and he'd better never touch his little sister like that again. I felt so bad for him, the poor little guy stood there just as surprised as I was, as if he wasn't even in the room when it had happened. Landon is such an incredible, loving, over doting big brother and I think he shocked himself that he'd acutally snapped like that on his little sis!

Ah, Gotta Love Him!!!

23 comments:

Windy said...

hehehe I am laughing histerically at how cute that whole story is. Landon is such a cutie. The way kids view things. That is so funny!

Mike and Timette said...

Erin, you write so well. I love reading your blog. and the stories about Landon are the best ever. You really have your hands full. But you are awesome.

--my hand did it... :)

Roth Family said...

Gotta love kids! It's amazing the little things that they think and say.

Vernos said...

Wow! Thats hilarious! What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I actually thought it was even funnier reading it! Too cute! By the way, Rachel wasn't happy that he couldn't play today, so you're in trouble. :)

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

You have 2 cute kiddos!!! I love them!!!!

Bellblogging said...

Oh my heck! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! That is to cute, little innocent LANDON!! Love that kid, hope Bennie's face is ok!

Momma Fish said...

That is so freakin' funny. I am afraid that I have a hitter myself.

Jessica said...

That is so funny! What a crack up! We are so sad we didn't see you either! I am bummed, maybe next time!

amy said...

I have to say Landon has to be one of the funniest kids! I love the stories you post on here about him. Do you know how many times your kids have called my phone? It's happened a few times in the last couple of weeks.

Christiansen's said...

I love how you explain things, it is so funny to read. You gotta love those kids. It is a good thing they give us such good laughs otherwise it might be easier to want to kick them in the butts at times. Your kids are adorable, and you are such a funny and cute mom.

Unknown said...

LOL! it first starts out with a sticker book, then when you get older it turns into "don't touch my bike" (or in my case, golf clubs). Boys never change :)

Dibble's said...

Your little kiddos are darling! And wrinkles...I doubt it! I love the relationship that Landon and Binnie have, they're so cute!

The Dalton Family said...

OHHH..... That is just so cute. The thing I hate the most is when you are so angry and kids just say the darndest things to make you laugh. Today Hailee was just spitting out the meanest comments and I told her she had to go to her room until she had a changed attitude and could be nice. Without moving or changing her expression she said to my very serious face "I dont need to" I said to her "Yes you do, go now." Then she said "No I dont, You're so pretty mommy.". . . That little stinker. Landon is a sweet heart. I love your little family, so darling.

Merz said...

Oh my word, that has to be the cutest story I have ever heard. How cute. And man do you have patience, and are so sweet with situations like that. I love it. See you soon

CoLiE-O said...

oh.my.gosh! that is the funniest thing i have ever heard! what a funny little guy but poor little binnie!

Becca said...

That's awesome/frustrating! I can't get over how creative kids are!Were we that clever at that age! I wish we could remember!

WareHouse said...

I can just picture you trying to get after him with a huge grin on your face! What a funny boy!

Jaime said...

Okay, that is sooo funny. You write very well. I almost felt like I was there watching the whole thing. Your kids are too cute.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog this morning. That was so cute. I know it is hard to be mad when they just do the cutest little things. We have the same problem and I probably laugh more when I am mad at Jake than when I am not!

Elaine Eysser said...

Love your beautiful kids and their great little personalities!!! It's fun to see the pictures. It's about time for some more don't you think???

Give the kids a hug.

Love Grandma Jackson and Grandpa

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

it has been a while since you posted. i told rob i think you are pregnant...

E Winzeler said...

You dork Steph...NO I am not pregnant, it'll be awhile before we attempt to add a 3rd, but very funny! I would rather watch my reality shows at night than blog :)! Sad huh!