Thursday, April 24, 2008

Whose Child is This?!?



The other day I experienced something I hope no other parent experiences...for your children's sake or should I say safety.

Here's the scene: I am in my bathroom peacefully yet rapidly applying my makeup as to hurry so I don't leave Landon "babysitting" Binnie for too long, when I hear Binnie suddenly start squealing from in the family room. Now mind you this is not by any means an unusual event in our home, however, her squealing sounded a little more strained and muffled than usual. So, I frantically go tearing out of my room with one eyebrow painted on to find Binnie sitting on the floor and my angel child Landon, his feet firmly planted on either side of her with his little hands white knuckled, gripping the sides of her head. As I watched him YANK upward on her head repeatedly, yes, repeatedly,(I froze in absolute shock). I screamed, "LANDON! What are you doing?!?!" He looked at me so innocently and matter a factly stated, "I'm just trying to pull her head off mom."

WHAT?!?! What child attempts to PULL, rather YANK his siblings head off? I have no idea where this comes from! The poor kid isn't even allowed to watch Sponge-Bob cause it's mean, and here my child is, trying to YANK his little sister's head off!?! I don't get it, I just don't understand where he comes up with these rotten ideas. Poor Binnie. Her defense mechanism of grunting psychotically while rapidly flailing her extremities when she senses danger is no longer a deterent to him!

This picture just goes to show you Landon gets a kick out of Binnie flipping out over the simplest things...a hug for cryin out loud! (It is pretty entertaining!)

24 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Mabey he loved her so much he thought she was to big so he wanted a little version!! Ok so cute!! you crack me up!!

Katie said...

The mysteries of childrens thoughts and ideas. Who the hell knows what they are thinking sometimes. Gosh I can only picture Maggie doing that to Ellie, its probably a matter of time before she pulls or bites something off of her!Poor Binnie (I can't believe how grown up she is looking) SAD.

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

I am sure it is just a matter of time before I have a story like this to write about. Our baby isn't even here yet but I can already picture this scene with Bentley. And we aren't allowed to watch Sponge Bob either...

Alison said...

That is such a funny story, sad for Binnie though. Kids what do you do with em huh?
Maybe you should just ride around in the car all day:)
I thought of you yesterday when I had to do that because I was watching my sister's baby and he and my Landon were both screaming so we had to go for a ride to get some quiet time:)
Your kids are darling!

amy said...

This story probably shouldn't have made me laugh, but it did! I would love to meet the person who knows exactly what kids are thinking! Binnie is going to have to hide her barbies from Landon. He is going to try and pop their heads off too!

Jen said...

One day she will thank him for never giving her a dull moment. I promise, she will. Thanks for your help tonight!

Christiansen's said...

I always love reading your blogs, I always get a good laugh out of them. The joy of having an older brother. It makes me wonder how anyone with an older brother (or sibling) could possibly survive.

Becca said...

oh I can't stop laughing...where do these kids get this stuff!!

Ali said...

Did you get your mommy license taken away for that one?!! Now that I blog about my crazy experiences I can't hide as much from Josh!! I'll try really hard not to lose your girls, but you have to keep Binnie's head attached so she and Landon can come and visit!! I love you!!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

HA HA!!! You take to HOlden to cuddle and I will wrestle Landon!! Although Holden is a pretty good fighter!! For real they just keep getting bigger I wonder why????

Jessica said...

She is going to be one tough mama with a brother like that - he is so cute though - how can you get mad :)

Blackner Family said...

Hilarious...well of course since she is okay!! I just love his answer!! That was a great laugh!! Hopefully he got the picture that heads are suppose to stay on, and that you won't have any more mishaps!!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

WOW!!! That made me laugh out loud! I love that he said it so innocently like it was no big deal at all!! I am really in for it!

Melinda said...

Gotta love older brothers!! Ben hasn't tried this on Seth.....yet.

Jess Perry said...

Give me a few months and I am sure I will have stories like this!!

WareHouse said...

What's wrong with that?! Jeez Erin-you are so uptight!

Momma Fish said...

O my word. You may not find that funny yet, but I got quite a laugh out of the story. Little boys are so naughty.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh Erin that is so crazy!!! It got a laugh out of Spence and I but I can see if I was in the situation I would have been in complete shock as well. I am happy to hear Binnie is just fine!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

erin....so funny, yet, so scary...bless your little heart..he probably really just thought it was ok to do that...poor little binnie...yikes

jonna said...

that kids sounds like a character! soon binnie will be fight back and holding her own I am sure! At least it is always exciting in your house!

Katie said...

Thanks Erin!! I love you too! I hope you guys had fun out of town, wherever that was!

Mike and Timette said...

I laughed so hard, that I laughed while I was trying to work, you had me in tears. Madisyn first decorated Aidan with lipstick and then when I said boys don't wear lipstick she said lets throw him in the garbage. If Aidan hadn't been sooo... fat and Madisyn so petite Madisyn would have tried to throw him in the garbage.
I loved it, thanks for sharing.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

wow- i always wanted an older brother so I could date his friends, but with landon as an older brother, i dont know if his friends would date me without a head!

jonna said...

Erin, will you tell jason that Jay B. from high school says hello. I talked to him on the Park City High Reunion Page and he wanted me to tell jason hello. Tell jason to go on the site and send jay a message...he would really like that!
Here is the web address:

http://www.classcreator.com/Park-City-UT-1998/class_index.cfm

thanks

p.s...are you guys going to go to the reunion? we don't know if we are...we will see. it would be fun if everyone went together...let us know.