Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tag... I'm it!

I was tagged by Chels and Whitney, so here it goes girls!
Here are the rules:
A: Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves
B: At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names; then goes to their blogs, leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and invites them to read your blog.

I'm not sure how crazy I might sound if I list my 6 but for most of you they may not be total shockers!

1. I have a couple issues with fear. However, they only come out at night...before I go to bed each night it takes me at least 10 minutes or so to lock up. I go to each door,(after I have poked my head out to make sure the neighborhood looks alright...free of anything unusual) unlock them (because they're always locked)and relock them, sometimes up to 2 or 3 times just to make sure they're locked. I check behind shower curtains, doors and in the kids closets as well as my own. I check to make sure the main windows are locked and my children are still breathing. If I have any question I smother them with kisses until they stir or wake up. I hate anything scary that causes me to fear more. (Maybe it's a little OCD cause I have some other weird, hidden quirks similar to this.)

2. I absolutely love coke slurpees!!! We usually have a slurpee run 3-5 times a week. Landon and I have been known to drive around the valley hopping from 7-11 to
7-11 to find the flavors we crave(coke for me and either banana or pina coloda for Landon)and slurpees that are just the right consistency. ICEE's just don't do it for us, it has to be a slurpee. I could live on coke slurpees and 7-11 nachos. (Yes, the ghetto ones, I LOVE THEM!!!) For those of you wondering if it wears on your teeth to have that much sugar that often, no, it doesn't. I have never had a cavity!

3. I read this on a friends blog so I'm not the only one who likes this, so don't think I'm disgusting. I love cleaning out ear wax, suctioning snot, cleaning the nasty gunk out of Binnie's belly button and picking their noses. Nasty? Yeah probably, but I absolutely love immediate results and every single one of those will give you an immediate result! I am helping them hear better, breathe better and smell better. Don't worry, Jay does all of his own bodily cleaning, I just pick at the kids.

4. I know a lot of people are in to odd numbers, even numbers etc. Well, I am a 5 minute interval kind of girl. I will stop something I'm doing, such as blogging on a five minute interval. For example, if I need to get off the computer to go to bed and it's 11:34 I will wait until it's 11:35 to log off. If I get caught up in something and I miss 11:35 so it's 11:37, I will wait until 11:40 to log off. Jay hates it, cause the 5 minute interval quirk gets in the way of daily life sometimes, appts., mtgs., etc.

5. I have never had any kind of facial routine. I don't use expensive cleansers, moisturizers, exfoliants, creams or whatever else their is to use. I use the $2.99 clean and clear cleanser from Target and whatever lotion is closest for my facial routine at night. I have heard so many friend who use so many different facial products at night and I've never been one to do so. I'd rather spend my money on makeup I guess.

6. Unless we're really, really close and we have gone on overnighters together or Jay has pulled it out in attempt to embarass me, you probably haven't met my blankie. It is my free therapy. I absolutely adore and love my blankie! A couple minutes of sniffing my blankie and I can get through the roughest day. If I have ever felt lonely or upset growing up, I would just lay down and smell my blankie and life just seemed so much better! It is the most comfortable, calming, incredibly smelling blankie in the world! I want to sniff it just thinking about it. I've had it since I was 18 months old, so you can imagine what it looks like and I don't wash it very often for fear it will fall apart. I know it sounds like I've lost it, but I couldn't sleep without it. It really is so relaxing and comforting to have it next to me at night.


As you can see I have passed my love for blankies down to my little munchkins! They cuddle with, smell and can't sleep without their blankies too! Jay thinks we've all lost it, he's just jealous he doesn't have a blankie and our blankies get more lovin than he does!

Well, now that I have made myself out to be a freek, now it's your turn. I tag...anyone else who's reading this and hasn't yet done it themselves!!!

15 comments:

Blackner Family said...

So fun to learn new things!! So glad you love to smell blankies and that you are normal...Baylee has an obsession with smelling her blankie and often offers us a whif!! I've never understood it but glad she's not the only one!! I'll sleep better now!!

Jessica said...

That was fun to read! I can't believe you can keep the same blanket for that many years!! Wow! Impressive

Branden said...

7-11 nachos are the best. I'm all for them anytime of the day.

Momma Fish said...

In my 27 years I have gone through 4 blankies. I wear them to shreds. I can't sleep without it. Nothing wrong with being a blankie girl.

jonna said...

wow...i learned a lot about you and that we have a lot of things in common. I love to clean out taylor...may be a mom thing...I want a clean baby! I am always licking my thumb and cleaning her face!

I too don't spend money of face creams. I sometimes even use the soap...when I am out of stuff. and i use eucerin for my face lotion...and I use it for my feet. Face and feet lotion...hmmm?

fun reading about you!

Katie said...

I think the checking the door locks is genetic! Is your dad like that?

Christiansen's said...

I can't believe people like you that can use whatever kind of face wash and have absolutely amazing skin, and other lucky people like me have to spend major bucks and still has horrible skin. Love the whole blankie thing, such a cute picture of your kids.

Hollie and Luke said...

oh my goodness I finally found you!!! So I don't want you to be mad about my wedding, we just did a small dinner so after family I was pretty much shot!! But I'm going to send out announcements and you'll be getting one of those!! Your kids are so cute!!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Ok so when I was reading this I think I peed a little!! You crack me up but I to like to get all that nasty stuff out of Holden!! But thank goodness yoiu cleared up that you dont clean J!! You crack me up!!!

amy said...

You crack me up! I loved reading all these things about you and I had no idea about any of them.

Alison said...

It's ok, when Scott leaves to work I have to make sure all the doors are locked and look behind the shower curtain, in the closets, and downstairs. Your comment made me laugh, it hit close to home. I love 7-11 nachos too!

Becca said...

I hear you on the blankie thing!I finally had to get rid of mine but not before I cut out a big piece I still sleep with! northing like a blankie!!!

Sorry It's been so long Erin. I lost your blog address and when I did try to go to your blog thru a comment it came up NO PROFILE! But I'm here now!!!YEAH!!!!

Blackner Family said...

Erin you are the best!! Thanks so much for the sweet comment!! I love you and love talking and being with you!! So glad we are doing bunco 2nd Thursday, it wouldn't be the same without you!!

Melinda said...

So fun to read! I am the same way with locking up. I have to be the one who locks up every night and often check behind doors and shower curtains! I also don't use anything on my face at night and I use a very cheap, generic face wash.

emilye said...

You don't wash it very often? Try not at all! ha ha. I do the 5 min things too except I can only do things on the 15 30 45 or hour. People think i'm nuts.