Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Picture Day!


Picture day is a day I absolutely dread...it always turns out being such a headache and a total waste of time and money. We have walked away many times without even buying a single photo due to Landon thinking he's so funny (which he usually is, just not in these cases) and his fake little smiles (he really does try, just a little too hard). However, I must say we had a handful of pictures turn out pretty darn cute this time! It was a total different setting which I think helped quite a bit...it wasn't in a store where you have 20 minutes and the photographer is trying to get your children to look at the camera and produce an award winning smile, but rather she came to us and did more candid, upclose photos which I love! She's was wonderful despite the cranky mood Binnie was in and Landon's crazy antics. Here's some of my favorite pictures of my little angels...did I really just use the word angles to describe my children?!?

My precious little Binnie...she's an absolute doll!


This was my favorite picture of Landon...look at the darling grin!


These shots are kind of fun...her chubby little toes! Landon wanted so badly to wear a tutu...I had to explain to J that your little boy wanting to wear a tutu isn't something he should get in trouble for...it's merely a fun thought, not time-out worthy!


My best little buddy ever!


Don't you just want to squeeze her?!?





J used to think I was nuts when I'd tell him it'd be worth all the time and all the money if we could just get one cute photo of each child...I think he now understands what I mean. Crazy day, but totally worth it with all the darling photos!
Oh, and yes...you're right, there's no pictures with the two of them together. For some reason they just didn't turn out too cute...I'm sure you can imagine the scenario of the two of them trying to take a photo together, if not just take a scroll down my blog and you'll soon see why the two of them just don't do photo shoots together!

36 comments:

WareHouse said...

Such darn cute kids! Money well spent! Don't listen to your husband-what do they know!

Christiansen's said...

Your pictures turned out great. Landon is so handsome, and Binnie is so adorable. I know you always say you wish she has hair like Sadie, but I wish Sadie would smile like her for the blasted camera, she is just a doll! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

I just love your kids. Your pictures turned out really cue.

Natalie E said...

So adorable!!! I love them! Oh, Binnie is getting so big! I just want to squeeze her cubby cheeks! The picture with Landon pouting at the top...SO CUTE!!! and the other one of him laying on his tummy, they all are just so cute! Can't wait to see you!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

So darn cute!!! I love them!!! DV

Katie said...

I love the pictures Erin, who did you go through? I took my gilrs just barely but they didn't turn out that cute at all. it was cheap but I am with you it is TOTALLy worth every pe nny to spend more and get better photos.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Erin,

So so so cute. I love how they show the kids personalities.. especially Landon's. He is such a character! I want to know who you went through too because I so need Boston's pictures done and I know he won't sit still for one of those dumb mall photgapher's anymore. .. Hope to see you outside!

jonna said...

very cute! I love the lighting in all of them. I am hoping with my new camera I will be able to try to take those professional looking shots and not have to spend the money...we will see! cute kids!

Jessica said...

Oh Erin, those are so precious! I love that you can see Landon's personality in those pictures, I can tell he hasn't changed from that little cutie we know and love. We sure miss playing with him!! Who took those? I need to use her when we are back!

Momma Fish said...

Cute! Cute! Great pictures. Darling kids. I need to get Warren in for some professional pictures. I am such a bad mom. almost 7 months and not one professional picture.

Mike and Timette said...

So CUTE! I love the mean face one at the TOP, so cute. Landon is going to be a ladies man! So fun to get those done, bummer you didn't get them together, but so cute apart.

amy said...

I love all the pictures! I love pictures that capture personality and these did just that. I am glad you got a few and maybe the photographer can photoshop the 2 of them together??

MerrittBadges said...

The pictures are darling and really capture the essense of childhood! You have beautiful kids.

Blackner Family said...

I love those pictures!! I love candid shots! They capture so much more of their personalities! Gorgeous kids! I too always dread picture day and promise myself to never go other than on her birthday once a year!!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Way cute pictures! I really do miss holding Brynlee at church! Thursday night was so much fun - we need to do that more often!!

CoLiE-O said...

erin- i found your blog through marci's. this is nicole furness (humphrey), member...we tortured the girls of jordan:) you were such a good sidekick; we were naughty!! i just had to comment on your pics..your children are beautiful!!!

CoLiE-O said...

those were the days. i had so much fun in high school... but dont worry, i wont spill the beans. as for stanton, he went to crescent middle school and churchill.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I haven't looked at blogs forever, so I am just seeing these pictures and they are absolutely amazing Erin! Landon's eyes in the first one are amazing! And binnie is darling - and you said she never smiled, you got some good ones! I love that the photographer came to your house. So fun! HS Reunion - sorry I never answered your question. Spence really, really wants to go, so I would bet yes. The problem is that we are moving up to WA end of this week for an internship, so I think we will know more of a definite once he gets up there, starts his internship, and we can feel it out to see if he could go that weekend. I'll keep you posted.

CoLiE-O said...

that would make sense since stanton remembers stephanie benson. member that drama? that was crazy but fun.

Alison said...

What cute pictures, your children are darling. I loved your tutu comment, it made me laugh out loud:)

Max said...

Dido to everyone else's comments, I can't wait till she comes again so that we can get ours done. Thanks for the trowel, and if you get a chance email me the picks from our girls night out. Thanks! poosiedoo@yahoo.com

Katie said...

K you have to tell me which carseats your looking at for Landon. What other ones are good? I have the evenflo triumph for maggie now and really like it.

Melinda said...

they are getting so big! I see them every week and I still feel like I can't get enough. When i am around landon I want a little boy like him... crazy, silly and so fun! Then you see Binnie and you can't help but fall in love all over again... she is getting so interactive! I love it! thanks for always sharing your kids with me!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

does that photographer travel to arizona?! your kids are adorable! i love reading your blog!

CoLiE-O said...

ya. i know they got married. his first wife passed away. did you hear about that? does he say hi to you when he sees you? thats too funny. just tell me she is fat and that will make my day. j/k stephanie and i actually had a yoga class together in college and we made amends. we actually had to be yoga partners and do moves together with our sweaty bodies (awkward). at that time she was dating some dude from hawaii so we would sit in class and spill dirt on johnny (poor kid). i came across jeffs blog the other day. since i dont have a tv, and when i am not working out or reading, i surf the net. lame i know.

Jess Perry said...

Those are all so adorable!!

Jen said...

You should buy one of them together just for laughs. It really will make you laugh one day. They are beautiful. Landon is losing his baby face. He is so grown up. I love Binnie's baby teeth. How I miss that. Love every second!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I haven't seen you since high school! Do you remember me??? How are you?? Your blog is adorable! Your kids are so cute! How are you these days??

Jenn said...

such cute kids.......I love the candid pictures so much more than the traditional ones. Love em!

Katie said...

Erin,
I just realized that Monday is Binnies 1st Birthday. I am sending something out today for her, sorry it will probably get there late. Give her hugs and kisses from us. Happy 1st Birthday. Wish we could be there!

Max said...

Holy but-load of comments! How do you have time to read all these? I would love to be a smart-alec and leave 30 comments in a row. Lucky for you it's already 1:00 am and I am getting tired. Maybe another day. =)

Katie said...

LOL You are cute, I seriously would LOVE TO come back. George actually has a 2nd interview today with a company there so I am hoping we can come back soon!
Did you get the package I sent for Brynley?

jonna said...

what? brother in magazines and reality show? Which brother and what show? sounds interesting...do share!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Hey Erin - the camera is the Nikon D40X - it was $799 at Costco and it came with two lenses, a camera bag, I think a memory card. I didn't do a lot of research, but my friend in Phoenix did TONS of it and she has the same one. It was been fantastic. You can get the same camera w/o the "x" for a couple hundred less but it goes from 10 to 6 megapixels, and I wanted the one with more megapixels because I like blowing up pictures. I definitely think you should splurge and get it! ;)

Jeff & Melissa said...

Hey Girl!! How are you doing? Your kiddos are freakin cute. Can Landon look anymore like J? Hope all is well!!

Melissa Coates

The Dalton Family said...

These pictures turned out so beautiful!! They are like the best i've ever seen!! Who did you go through? So cute!