
So, a few weeks ago I got together with a couple gals to celebrate a friends birthday...as we're eating and chatting one of them brings up the horribleness (yea, I know that's not a word, but that's as good as it gets at 12 AM) anyhow, she goes on to describe how heart wrenching it is to have sick children(which she had at the time)and to watch them so helplessly knowing you can't take the pain away. So then I, yes I, have the audacity to pipe up and heartlessly say, "Yea, my kids just don't get sick, I'm lucky." Well, Elisa you'll be glad to hear that I have been eating my words for the last 3 weeks.
A week after this conversation Landon got a horrible wheezing cough which led to pneumonia...4 days later, bless his heart, he had a double ear infection...3 days later Brynley too had a double ear infection...3 days later she woke up with a fever of 102* which lasted three days...tonight, Landon wakes up screaming hysterically because he's "on fire", with yup...a 103* temperature. Talk about eating your words!
What a wake up call to the realities of motherhood...which leads me to the above picture. Your asking yourself, "how on earth can outdoor rocking chairs possibly have an effect on children?" Well ladies, here is your chance to shop :)and the hubby can't say no, after all it's for your children's health and safety :). I have used these recently purchased rocking chairs almost every night the past couple weeks, to break the many fevers that accompany pneumonia, earaches and temperatures for no apparent reasons. These trusty little chairs have been my saving grace when I can't seem to get their fevers to break. So, a little rock in the middle of the night on the front porch in the cool fresh air has been life saving...to my kiddos, my sleep and my sanity. However, they must be bought in pairs because you never know when your darling neighbor is up with a sick child and she too needs a fever to break. So, when she peers out the window to see you rocking at 1 AM she can pull up a rocker beside you and keep you company until your little munchkins catch a break. (Thanks for the company Maria...it makes chilly nights on the porch so much easier to bear:))
So, there you have it, I'm a senseless friend who is slapped up side the head with the realities of being a mom and my little rocking chairs are my best friends these days!
(You can purchase them at Lowes...I promise you won't live to regret them...they can obviously hold 2 bodies at once without collapsing while rocking and also come in handy for your children's "popsicle parties" on the front porch as well...happy shopping!)
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
A must have....for your children's sake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



22 comments:
so so sorry your kiddos have been so sick.. that is totally something I would say about Boston not getting sick. Heck I used to say he never threw tantrums... and look what happened to me! I do love your rockers, infact my Mom said "isn't that where the older couple lives... not because you had rockers but because your yard and everything looks so great!" Please call if you ever need anything!
K this time if you need groceries call me!! I am so sorry there is nothing worse! Call me if you need a nap to!! And YEAH I do love those rockers~!~
sounds great! I will have to invest as so as we get a house. Will a hammock do for now...we have one of those here! So far so good on the illness, but don't want that do back fire on me like it did you. sorry about the kiddos..hope all is in recovery soon!
love the look on the porch!
oh those poor little kids and mommy!!! You are too sweet to rock them in the wee hours of the morning!!!They are darling by the way!!! love em!
You're such a sweet and great mom! Add to that a great friend. I love the rocking chairs and glad they helped out on some long nights. Hope the kiddos get better soon and that is the end of the sickness.
I'm right there with you! I am having a sick day with kids myself! It is hard, and I definitely need a rocker. A couple of them! Hope the kids are back to normal and you get some sleep! :) Oh, and I can't wait for MOnday!
You have definitely had a long run of sickies. I am sorry!! i would love to sit with you at night. My lights are usually on that late!
sorry your kids have been sick. that stinks. what cute chairs though.
Erin - so sad to hear about your kiddos being sick. That sounds exhausting. Thanks for the tip on the rockers - not only are the very practical, but very cute too! It sounds like you have a fun neighbor!
Erin, you are such a good cute mommy. I wish I could say my kids never got sick. Carter was a healthy boy but the dang girls..hehe. Thanks for the Tip I seriously might go get them. I have been wanting those chairs for a while and now I have a good reason. :)
What have you done to my kids?!! I'm so sorry to hear about Binnie and Landon. I hope things are going a little better now. (For your sanities sake!!) I hope all is well in Herriman, we miss you guys!!
you are such a good mommy. plus the chairs are way cute! killin 2 birds with one stone..so smart!
Bummer about sick kids! Really cute chairs though!! What a fun memory to be sitting outside with your neighbor at 1am!!
Mmmm, that looks so relaxing! Just reading how u would rock the kids at night, made me want to crawl up in your arms and have you rock me good night. I think I will have to talk to Eric about investing in those when we get to Cali! I will miss ya gal! You are so great, and I have had so much fun with you and the gals. I will never forget our fun nights... 4 hour mtgs, almost peeing our pants cuz we are laughing to hard. love ya.
i am going to the lowes site right now! i love those! and this post is so funny- you are hilarious!
SO cute Erin. sorry for the sickies. Don't you love eating your own words. I hate it. Seems like its something that happens to me quite often.
Hey Erin! I am so sorry to hear that both kiddos were sick!! It really is so hard. I hope by now they are feeling much better. You are so cute. I love your chairs and your flower pot too! :o) We need to plan dinner SOON.
Yeah, nothing is better than a snooping neighbor! I always look at your house in the middle of the night hoping to find you and J making out on your porch. I hear rocking chairs are great for that! Is that what you meant by they can hold two bodies without collapsing? :) Let's just hope we can all get healthy again! Dang Wildcat!!! I guess if we didn't all let our kids run around like crazy they wouldn't share all their crappy sicknesses!
Don't you know to alway KNOCK on WOOD when you say something like that? :)
Your blog is great, and the rocking chairs are beautiful. Mike and I are always jealous of you guys in the neighborhood that have a porch.
Sorry about the fevers, but it is nice to cuddle your little ones for a whole night especially as they get bigger.
Yes it's bad, but treasure it.
Well, I suppose if you must have sick children you might as well care for them in style. I hope everyone is feeling in tip-top shape, and you get to use those cute chairs for other reasons now. Becuase I don't have the room on my porch for such cute accessories, please don't be alarmed when you look out your window one night and there I am enjoying your chairs to soothe my children, sick or just plain cranky! I just want to be as cool and fashionable as you. ;-))
YOu stay up as late as I do.
George choose San Fran because he got along really well with the big guy there and he is still doing investment banking but this office wont work him quite as hard as the other one would so that means we'll be able to see him more. YAY I will call you soon. And for sure you have to come visit us!
I have to agree, being outside works like magic. I love taking Sadie out on my big swing in the back and rocking her, but I am now tempted to get cute rocking chairs like that so my porch isn't so boring.
Post a Comment