I absolutely love FALL...I love the cooler weather, the warmer clothes (you know, the hoodies and sweaters you don't have to worry about sucking in your stomach with?!? Not to mention all the black I now get to wear, which is a total muffin top hider), snuggling up with a blanket next to the fireplace while immersing myself into the best fall TV shows, smelling the aroma of pumpkin spice candles and watching the warm fall colors emerge as the trees begin to change colors.
However, the #1 reason I favor the fall over any other season is because of the HOLIDAYS it brings. I love celebrating one Holiday right after the next and having 3months of non stop FAMILY, FRIENDS and FUN! Our Halloween was such a great start to our much anticipated HOLIDAY season. Between "adult" parties, preschool parties, family parties, ward parties and trick or treating...we had an exciting and wild Halloween!
TO START THINGS OFF...
Landon's preschool class went to the pumpkin patch this month where they each got to pick out their own pumpkin and listen to stories while drinking chocolate milk and eating cookies in the barn! It was so cute to see him and all his little buddies from preschool. I volunteered (well, not really, none of the mom's had offered so I thought I'd look bad if I didn't :0) to bring a game to teach the kids during their preschool Halloween party. We played Halloween Bingo and they loved it! I can't believe my little boy is in preschool and I'm one of those little mom helpers! It was so fun to see him in his little preschool all dressed up and having fun!

A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING...
Jay and I never carve real pumpkins, we usually opt for the fake ones so there's no messy clean up and all. However, this year we carved REAL pumpkins, not just once, but TWICE...pumpkin guts and all and Landon loved it. Landon is a little particular about some things and therefore would NOT touch the insides of the pumpkin for the life of him, he preferred drawing the faces on all the pumpkins and cheering us on as we dug out the guts.
We got together with Jay's family for a night of pumpkins! Pumpkin food, pumkin treats and pumpkin carving!

Aunt Truly and Landon...Landon is in love with his Aunt Truly...it's one of the only times I've seen him speechless!
Round 2 of pumpkin carving!
MY LITTLE GOBLINS...
Landon decided early on that he wanted to be a cowboy for Halloween, simply because he wanted to wear his cowboy boots he's not allowed to wear in public (unless we're at a rodeo that is :)). Despite my best efforts to change his mind he wasn't convinced. He was determined to be a cowboy and I have to say, he was one freekin cute little yit kicker! Jay made sure to teach him plenty of cowboy slang and Landon ate it up...he thought he was the coolest little cowboy ever. Binnie was a darling little ballerina who absolutely loved her tutu! She became so giddy each time she wore her tutu and grinned from ear to ear as she danced around the house in her little pink slippers!
My handsome little chap and beautiful ballerina all dolled up and ready to go trunk or treating at grandma's and grandpa's ward. My parents had some pretty fun costumes and my little sis was one hot deviled egg. I can't believe I forgot my camera. It was such a fun evening, the kids had a BLAST and I always love going back to my home ward.
Binnie and I were matching ballerinas for the ward Halloween party. I figured being in Primary gave me the perfect excuse to dress up and have fun.
ADULTS ONLY!
Jay and I dressed up as FBI agents for a Halloween party we went to with some friends of ours. It was such a fun night filled with yummy food, fun company, games and lots of laughs.


Thank you Park City Grandma (J's mom) for watching B and Landon while we had a night out!
TRICK OR TREAT!?!?!
By the time trick or treating rolled around, the munchkins had just enough energy for a few laps around the neighborhood. Jay and I took turns cause I wanted to be able to go with Landon and Binnie but I also didn't want to miss passing out candy to all my Primary kids. So, Jay took them around the culdesac and I finished the other hour and a half of trick or treating with Landon. By the time 8:00 rolled around, Landon's feet were so sore from his little yit kickers that we headed home where we mixed up some hot chocolate and watched a Halloween movie! Jay apparently paid Landon for his candy (that's mean honey) so he ended up with a new Power Ranger instead of his bag full of candy...poor kid should have gotten both...next year I'll be in charge!
Me and the Kiddos all bundled up and ready to start knockin'... 
Binnie loved everything about Halloween from the silly costumes to the messy pumpkin carving to trick or treating in the cold.
Sippin Hot Chocolate at the end of a fun Halloween Eve!
WRAP IT UP...(literally :))
Last, but certainly the highlight of Jay's Halloween was getting to strap on a rack (obvioiusly that's not my bra...he had to go "upgrade" cause apparently I'm not woman enough for him :)), paint his face, shave his legs, go blonde and wear the shorts we all miss dearly from back in our youth...back when I didn't even know how to spell cellulite. Anyhow, Jay made a great HOOTERS girl and won 1st place in his work costume contest. (Just so you all know, I sheltered my children from seeing their daddy looking better than their mommy as a woman, so NO they weren't anywhere near to witness Jay as a She-man)
That's a wrap!
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A FABULOUS HALLOWEEN AND HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
The Beginning of the Holidays...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



29 comments:
I thought you were going to say that was one of Jays friends...not Jay!!! That's hilarious! The kiddo's were so cute and you too!
LOL are you sure that is Jay in there??? I think i like him better as Jay!
You guys look so cute!
I love this time of year too. It is the best! Your kids look so cute in their costumes!! That tutu is addorable and Landon is a perfect cowboy- so cute!
where have you guys been? I can see very busy! Your halloween looked like a lot of fun. I think next year will be fun with Taylor when she can understand it a lttle more.
Wow! is all I can say about Jason.
I think that Jay definitely could have given Ryan some competition if he had worn that to the halloween party! Definitely scary :)
LOVE the new background! Your blog is always so cute with the cutest pics. Good job!
Erin, that is hilarious!! I hope I get to see you guys while your bro is out here.
erin, we do need to get together...what works for you guys? should we do families or just adults?
you guys are too cute!Love all the get ups!!!! FAll is the best!
Jay as a hooter's girl, that is too funny. I can't wait to show Speen when he gets home, he'll totally get a laugh out of that. Your kids look so cute and so do you. Let's plan a fun get together with everyone over the holiday's. We'll be in Utah starting Dec 15.
That last picture left me speechless! Hilarious! Your kids looked so dang cute for Halloween. Glad we were able to share some of the fun parties with you guys. It was tons of fun.
Love the Halloween updates! Isn't it so fun with kids? You were one hot FBI agent! I am so dying to come visit you all. When Travis gets a little older maybe I'll be able to sneak away for a weekend?! :-) Miss you!
Looks like you have been saving two months worth of pictures for one big post too! Yourfamily is so cute-with the exception of your hubby! Ha! And I am with you on the sweatshirts and black!
You are so funny! Jay is a good sport. I really do love your blog, it's like the life I want to live but can't get it together. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah! I almost gave up on you and blogging! And you went all out and changed your background... It is kinda funny that we are all posting the same type of stuff, I have all my fall stuff to post, as soon as I get my cd back...
We do need to do things together more... the kids love it, and it is nice to get out!
Two months! It's about time. What a fun post. I love all of your pictures. I had good intentions last year on being twins with Sadie for Halloween, but I have never really seen a fat knocked up fairy before so I opted not to do it :) I also covet you for how great you looked in your FBI costume, maybe one of these days I will have great thighs like you. You guys are such a cute family and you always look so gorgeous and put together, again... maybe one of these days, nah I don't think that will ever happen for me.:)
I am so with you, I absolutely love Fall for those same reasons! There is just something about fall candles that I just love, I could honestly burn Pumpkin Spice year round! It was fun chatting with you at Maria's and yes, we definitely need to beg her to make that a regular get together!!
I am right there with ya sista! Love the season, especially the yummy spicy smells. Pumpkin cookies, hot chocolate, cinnamon sents floating around, warm blankets! Love it all! Hope your doing well!
-Trisha
Erin, you and Jay crack me up. Jay looks very serious in his FBI uniform, should I be scared. And then he blows it by the hooters costume. I think I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard. Your family is simply adorable.
Looks like you have been having fun. I am going to have to show Josh that picture of J! Too funny.
Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciated it. I just might do what you said! :)
wow, cute costumes, especially that hooters chick, "ow,ow!"
WOW!! You've had an exciting few weeks!! I absolutely LOVE Landon and Binnie's costumes!! He is a handsome little cowboy and Binnie is getting so BIG!! I can't believe how much she's grown!! I must say you made quite the little ballerina and FBI agent as well!! I hope things are going well for you and the fam!! I miss you guys!!
I will definately be at bunco...I miss everyone! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween and Erin, you are gorgeous and always so put together. That picture of Jason is hilarious! See you Thursday
What a cute family you guys are!! Love that you and binnie were ballerinas! So cute! How nice of you to host the pumpkin carving both times, matt and I only carve pumpkins for baylee to have the experience because they are too messy for us too!
Landon is so cute in his "little yit kickers." I love that. But I think he's cute no matter what. I'm going to miss that kid in a couple months when we have to get new classes. Since you had so much fun helping with Landon's preschool class, I will just plan on you being room mom when he's in my class at school. You have plenty of time to get ready.
P.S. We all covet how great you look in those leather pants.
all those costumes were so cute! even J- does it scare you at all?
I loved this post! I can't believe I made your blog!!!! And Landon is so happy in my picture with him. Shane tells me he wants a boy just like him. Agreed! My fav pic is you and Binnie in your tutu's- I just love it so much. And you have got some great style! Your CUTE outfit on Halloween night getting ready to knock doors with the kids looks so great on you. Your such a fun loving young mom! Who also has the cutest voice I've ever heard. Weirdest compliment you've probably ever recieved but you have the cutest voice- just the way you speak its so cute I can't even explain it. Even Rach said so after the shower a few weeks ago. haha I love you Erin!
I feel like you and J have the funnest marriage....I mean the last picture is awesome!
love those lips wrapped around my d==k while my hand went in those shorts and wanked you off
Post a Comment